Saturday 23 May 2015

Danas idem u Splitu katamaranom

If I close my eyes I'm on a Thames Clipper catamaran, off to the centre of London to see some art, or go for a cocktail. Or something. All isn't quite right because if I keep my eyes closed for too long I'm going to fall asleep. What's going on here?

It's 5.50, 10 mins before this elegant craft takes off up the coast to Hvar, then arriving in Split at about 8. It's been a few days since my last adventure; I took the local ferry to Korčula on Monday and thoroughly enjoyed both my vertigo, and trip to the cake and honey shop. Both left me buzzing and slightly nauseous. But since then I've only ventured out on foot, firstly to the monastery and surrounds on Tuesday, then a jog to Moloko bay yesterday. 

This isn't normal holiday behaviour for me, where I've usually dashed around all the local sights already, and given myself a migraine getting up at early o' clock.  What can I say, I've been entirely lazy, and caught up on all my reading. Frankly it's been a rough year so far, so Orebić has been a perfect backdrop for rest. Yesterday simply lying in my light and airy bedroom, evernote in one hand, and a glass of red in the other, was one of the highlights of this trip so far. 

So with a stereo peal of bells from St Marks and some other church, we depart at precisely 6am. I'm glad that the little Orebić-Korčula ferry gets in early, because who knew you had to go into the local Jadrolina office to buy a ticket before boarding! This is when you realise that you're definitely not in London; at 120 kuna (return) this is a bargain. Split here I come...

No comments:

Post a Comment