Tuesday 9 April 2013

Let's start afresh

You may remember way back that V and I decided that a diet was in order and had all sorts of good intentions. It appears that we may have gone to hell, as I've been tempted off the straight and narrow in a big way. Which may have had a detrimental effect on my health.

After a bout of the worst cold I can remember in a long time, it's time for something to be done. Many years ago I did this detox diet - remember them, fashionable in the mid nineties? I remember losing a stone, gaining a certain brightness in the eye, as well as an unhealthy obsession with nuts. Oh.

This time I don't want to do anything too drastic as I'm starting from such a terrible state. And frankly the weather isn't helping. So what I'm thinking is a lunch of beans, raw veggies with fish, meat or cheese topped up in the afternoon with a handful of nuts and dried fruit. This means all the sugar, fat etc but in a healthier way.

For dinners I plan on eating much the same as now (with less cake, bread, cheese and bacon - what a combo!) but with serious portion control. The broken toe is seriously interfering with my normal mobility and therefore affecting the bum wobble factor drastically.

So this time, no scales, no pressure and when I drag myself finally from my sick bed, put on a summer frock, I'll know it's worked.

No comments:

Post a Comment